Comes with everything needed to build!
The racing version of the BMW M1 was launched in 1978. The road version that had been exhibited at the Paris Motor Show had been altered to comply with Group 4 rules. The engine had also been upgraded: it now had 24 valves giving it 460 bhp. The top speed of the M1 Pro-Car was about 310 kph.
The car came to the forefront of the European Formula 1 Grand Prix races from 1979 onwards. In these Pro-Car races, 20 absolutely identical M1 cars raced against each other, 15 of which were driven by private drivers, the other 5 by F1 pilots. All the M1s had the same spoiler and aileron to improve road-holding. Thus driving skills, not technology, decided the winning or losing positions.
- Authentic bodywork with fine surface details
- Multipart 6 cylinder engine
- instrument panel
- 1 body-contoured seat
- Realistic representation of chassis
- Detailed wheel suspension
- Removable rear bonnet
- Decal set for the cars from Niki Lauda, 1979 in Zolder, and from Nelson Piquet, season 1979